Georgia Civil War Commission Art Contest 2018-19
Topic: Georgia’s Locomotive Chase
K through 2nd Grade
3rd through 5th Grade
6th through 8th Grade
9th through 12th Grade
Prizes per Category
1st Place—$200 cash prize
2nd Place—$150 cash prize
3rd Place- $100 cash prize
Winning artwork will be published during the month of April on the Georgia Civil War Commission FaceBook page with only the name of the student provided. All entries will receive a certificate of participation.
- Contest is open to all students in Georgia, Kindergarten through 12th grade, public, private or homeschool.
- The student may use his/ her imagination to create a unique image of Georgia’s Great Locomotive Chase that took place during the American Civil War. Any medium that can be used on paper or canvas, which cannot exceed 12×12, is allowed.
- A short description of the artwork must be included with the entry.
- The entry must be appropriate for all age groups, not offensive or derogatory.
- Each entry MUST provide name of student, grade, teacher’s name, name of school, parent’s name, address, parent’s email, parent’s contact number, teacher contact number, and teacher email address that is printed and legible.
- A student may only submit one entry.
- Failure to abide by these rules will disqualify the student’s artwork.
- All artwork must be postmarked on or before February 12, 2019 to be considered. Winners will be announced on April 1, 2019.
- Mail all entries to 621 Forrest Ave, Griffin, GA 30224. Do not fold or bend the artwork. Questions and inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All artwork become the property of the Georgia Civil War Commission and may not be returned. A committee of judges will be given the artwork to score. Artwork will be judged for creativity, clarity, and strength of message. The highest total in each category will win first place. Any family member of a Commissioner is not eligible to compete.